Thursday, November 15, 2012

"The Intouchables" - movie review

Five out of five possible ticket stubs

Antonia's Rating:

FRANCE'S FOREIGN FILM ENTRY
2013 ACADEMY AWARDS



 
          The Intouchables has become the highest grossing foreign language film in North America so far this year. It is the true story about two very different men (played by Omar Sy and Francois Cluzet). One is a wealthy quadriplegic and the other is a young man from the projects who ultimately signs on to care for the aristocrat.

          I wish I learned about this film before it was on its way out of theaters here. I only got to see it three times.

          Read my lips:

          THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE I’VE SEEN IN SEVERAL YEARS. Run, don’t walk to see it
if it’s still in your neighborhood. Amazon tells me the DVD is only currently available with Region 2 standards, which does not include viewing in the US. If you live in Europe, lucky you because that’s your region. Undoubtedly, it’ll be out on DVD sometime soon. I’ll keep you
posted.

P.S. Thanks to my friend Pat S. for bringing this movie to my attention.




Check out Antonia's Senior Moments

No comments:

Post a Comment